RSS Feed

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Of Scams and Free Insurance

Free insurance quotes are found in the internet. But when I myself looked for a free insurance quote site, I snagged into some problems. The problem was that there were so many sites in the net that purported to give me the same services. How was I supposed to choose among all these sites? I did not know who to trust.

My mistrust of the internet has deep roots. I am seventy years old. Most people my age are not well versed on computer technology. But of course, since I was the type of guy that always wanted to be in sync with the current times and the current trends I immediately set my self up against the task of being a completely computer literate person. One of the first things I learned how to use was my email. I was so excited at getting an email of my own. Then I got some emails from some people I didn’t know.

http://longislandinsurance.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/car-crash-tree.jpg
free insurance quotes San Diego

One of them was from a friend of mine who was asking me to give him some money because he was stuck out of town. The email said that my friend went to Germany. But now he needed some money because he got robbed. I immediately wired some money. Little did I know that this was a scam. It turns out that my friend’s email address was hacked. That was the lesson I got from the internet. It is full of scammers. This is why I am hesitant at signing up for any of these sites that get me a free insurance quote for my car insurance.

What I did was do a little bit more online research. Forums are a good place to find tips and referrals. That’s how I found a good site that offered legitimate free insurance quote services.

No comments: