RSS Feed

Sunday, September 27, 2009

The new schooling of today – eLearning

I have finally finished my adult schooling, and while it was fun, especially with all the friends I got to meet and study with, it was really more work than I expected. Truth is, I actually engage in more mental preparation when I go to the adult learning center than when I actually go to work. I just didn’t expect going back to school would be as tedious, as tiring, and as mentally exhausting as when I was when I stopped back when I was way younger. I know that my mental faculties have not been affected by age. Besides, I’m really not that old yet, it’s just that I really wasn’t able to complete my schooling because I had to work early to support my family. My father died early on because of heart failure and I really couldn’t just let my mother do all the work herself, so I took it upon myself to help her put food on our table and get my brothers and sisters to a decent school, since I know that not being schooled will only get us deeper into misery and hardship. We were never rich, but we were never really impoverished either. To the best of our abilities, my mother and I did our best to make sure everyone in the family was well fed, had good clothes on their backs, and could to school on time, in the best of health, and had money to spend on whatever needed paying for. I am, however, not yet satisfied that my schooling is indeed complete. I think I can still learn a bit more, although I don’t think I’ll be going back to the adult learning center that I finished my schooling at. Instead I think I’ll be looking at some of the elearning solutions that my younger brothers have been talking about, and see how much I can learn from that.

http://www.sealund.com/images/eLearning_icon.jpg
elearning

I always welcome a new experience, and I have to admit that this will definitely be a first for me, since I have not engaged in non-traditional forms of learning yet, but I must say that I am quite enthusiastic about this.

No comments: