RSS Feed

Sunday, September 13, 2009

e-learning tools: the way to a better social adjustment

While I am, by training and education, an educator myself, there are times wherein I wished that the better part of my education was simply garnered from e-learning solutions. That way, I would not have to deal with the more traumatizing aspects of learning in an established learning institution. While I did manage to do good in terms of an education, my current job description is proof of that, I cannot help but think how so much better of a person I would have been had I learned most of what I know through e-learning tools, thus allowing me more time to socialize and learn social skills, rather than being the clumsy oaf and socially inept person that I am today. Try as I might, I really don’t know how to talk to people, and they just end up thinking I am a weird or boring person. Others might disagree with me on this, since they would typically think that an e-learning management system would only keep me cooped up even more, I would like to think of the opposite, since I would be able to spend less time with studying and more time being a person and being with real people.

e-learning solutions

http://www.teachingcollegeenglish.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/dali-e-learning.jpeg

I also think that having to complete an education from a learning management system would also allow me to get away from the professors and instructors who simply terrified me when they used to pick on me because of what they perceived in me as a social weakness, rather than simply help me adjust to my “condition”. I must admit though, that this treatment only prompted me to prove myself even further, I might not have grown to become the social pariah that I am now had I been able to nurture the proper social attitude and be able to relate with people more.

No comments: