RSS Feed

Sunday, December 13, 2009

A Bout with Elearning Solutions

I always knew that elearning solutions would be the future of education. I have always been a techie person for most of my life. I just love gadgetry and I spend a lot of time in front of the computer. Computers, I believe, hold so much potential and power. It can and already is being applied as a tool in almost all fields right now. Modern society has entered the digital age and soon enough, nothing will run without the help of machines or computers. This might sound like the prelude to Terminator or the Matrix, but really I believe that it is a good thing. Yes, I am known to be a geek. I also teach math at this elementary school at our town in Oklahoma. So when the school finally agreed to have elearning solutions take a bigger role in the curriculum, I was so very excited.


http://asianvu.com/bookstoread/images/elfmk300.jpg

Soon enough, the school year started and elearning modules became part of the study. I actually became a bit complacent because I felt like the lessons covered by the elearning modules would not have to be discussed. But low and behold, the grades of the students seemed to be slipping.

I realize know what I did wrong. Elearning is a great tool especially for adults and employees who are independent enough and driven enough. But sometimes, it cannot stand alone when it comes to some kids. A mediator must still be present, a human moderator. Since I became complacent the kids’ grades suffered. Elearning in a lot of cases should be thought of as a supplement, something to help education especially if dealing with grade school kids.

E learning tools

Now that I learned my lesson, I still believe in the power of elearning. Some elearning solutions though are superior to others. I have seen this in the course of time. Remember that the more interactive and creative the elearning solutions are, the better.

No comments: