RSS Feed

Thursday, November 19, 2009

How Easy it is to Qualify for FHA Loan Offers

How does one really qualify for FHA loan offers? It has become such a pain for me to try and get a housing loan. You see, it was a very long story but it all happened or rather started last year.

I was single and living at a boarding house four years after graduating from college. But then these living conditions were going to have to change because I was planning on proposing to my long time girl friend of five years. We both met during college and were madly in love ever since. I figured that all I needed right now was a house because I was promoted last year and had my salary increased by a few significant digits. My savings seemed good enough and I really wanted to settle down with Selma for quite some time now and to start a family of our own. I was 27 and old enough for it anyway. But then, something would dampen my plans.

http://www.metroislandmortgage.com/english/assets/images/fha_loans.jpg
FHA program

The economic crash happened. The United States recession has really crippled the architectural industry. I was not let go but my salary has been cut down. And also, I had a few credit card payment misses and so my FICO score was affected. Now, we have already set the date and had already paid for a lot of the wedding expenses so we didn’t want to delay anymore. But the problem is, we won’t have a house to move to yet since I was really having so much trouble getting my housing loans applications accepted. They would not touch me since my FICO score was less than perfect and my income was not that high.

Thank god for the FHA. I then found out that even with my financial condition, I was good enough to qualify for FHA loan offers. I immediately applied and now we have a beautiful home. What’s great too is that the payments are low and so are the interest rates. You cannot beat that.

No comments: