RSS Feed

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Wanting the training but hating the tests – thoughts about elearning solutions

I’ve been itching to be included in the employee list of our company slated to take that elearning solutions training that they have been having over the past few weeks. I’m not sure if everyone really is slated to take it or they only hand pick the participants, but I think I really do stand to learn a lot from it. I know quite a few of those who have taken the training and from what I hear, it’s quite good and they were surprised to discover how easy the entire thing was, since most of us were apprehensive about joining it, since it felt like they were sort of re-schooling the participants, and since it has been quite some time since we left school for the professional world, it could mean another re-adjustment. The people that I was able to talk to said that the entire thins was internet-based, allowing the employees to learn what was needed to be learned on their own pace, which is good, since not everyone is real fast learner. Maybe the members of the marketing department and finance department could hack regular training sessions like they were nothing, but most of us work in production, and there really is a reason why we were assigned to mostly manual labor.

http://www.i-arg.com.ar/graf/serv_lerning_1.jpg
elearning tools

I think it would be nice, however, to be able to learn a little something more than what I already do know from the previous company trainings that I received while working here. For people like me, learning a skill really is comparatively easy, so I would like to see if I can also learn a bit of smarts as well from the elearning solutions which they are having the employees take. My worry, however, is if they have an exam or evaluation that the employees take after they get the training. I’ve never been one for exams and tests and the like, especially the ones with a really tight time pressure that goes with them.

No comments: